Friday, December 30, 2011

Week in Seven Words #99


destination 
Near the athletic complex I walk through a network of trails and elevated walkways without being sure where I'll wind up: on the main street or on a lonely embankment by the river. 

diametric 
Two people in stark contrast: one of them doesn't say outright that he cares but shows it, while the other one proclaims in a smooth, affected voice that he cares (really really cares) but gives little evidence of it in his actions. 

finality 
The last of my old office is cleaned out. I close the door behind me and look back only once.

mapping 
I carry a notebook with me because I never know when I might see my way through a dead end in the plot. 

mild 
Lunch at the park on a stone ledge with the sunlight sinking in between the trees; I can't think of a December where I was able to eat comfortably outdoors. 

striving 
I watch a movie to relax a little and celebrate, and as it turns out some of the themes are fitting for the day: people strive, accomplish, and move on. They don't rest on their laurels. 

wedded 
Two candles on the menorah tip towards each other and share a flame.